25 Oct 2012

Thursday I; I er, er, I

he said slam. she replies thud. to this he argues crack, and then blam. quite undeterred she countered swiftly with thud again, plus a sharp crack-shatter. and then I think I heard his (very quick but wholly mysterious) krak!, followed lightening-quick with her equally mysterious rejoinder, prak! most neighbors in fremantle flats argue with shouts, and even fists, but I've recently worked-out that mine argue with their apartment.... wait: it's the comeback: he's just replied to the crack-shatter with a dense, quite brief smash - the bathroom window I think - a sort of tiny-detonation sound, to which, hang on, a grinding sound in response? yes, it's a grinding sound, from - it sounds like - the kitchen. yes, the kitchen: you can here the unmistakable tinkling and slinging sound of thrown utensils used to reinforce the point, but very unclear who is actually slinging, er speaking at the moment: the utensil use is really quite sloppy - has them talking all over each other. now a pause. seems a readjustment's in order - a redressing of terms perhaps? no: it's the splattering now; splattering and thudding of bits of something small but also hard, steadily against the other-side of my kitchen wall. and now a grinding in brisk retaliation - I think him - adding to the splattering - all a bit unclear now. now a small explosion, followed by another - her I think - followed by a dry, dull, falling sound - quite well sustained - of - it sounds like - falling bricks, to which the classically argumentative small but violent motor whir has just come into play. I; I er, er, I

No comments:

Post a Comment