4 May 2012

SUMMARY A OVERVIEW

All typing - not writing - here, to date, and hereon, attempts, catches, types.... Examples of the style of writing - in typing - I'm working at in my work as an artist. What I'm trying to do is write a moment as it comes through, unencumbered by thought, assertion, naming, intention, ideology..... The weight of what usually comes with writing. No, what I'm doing is closer to the Oriental notion of writing the spirit; closer to something Merleau-Ponty wrote, about a writer not being foreign to that which he writes, (in both the spatial and  temporal sense); closer to Heidegger's 'language speaks', and I guess, closer to the  ideal of the Beats - Kerouac, Dylan - and the Jazz men of improvisation. Closer to presentation of this, not representation of that. Yes. What I'm doing is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment